Cob Oven Workshop!
Miguel Elliott “Sir Cobalot”
May 3rd & 4th 10am – 5pm
Come learn the valuable craft of sculpting your own cob wood fired oven using Earth right from your property. Workshop will be lead by Miguel “Sir Cobalot” of Living Earth Structures who has been building ovens, benches, saunas and huts around Sonoma County and the world for the past 15 years. Miguel has extensive experience leading workshops, and teaching cob building in schools.
Saturday, May 3-
1. Learn how to build a foundation for your oven.
2. We will be using adobe bricks to make the base of the oven, and will leave a space for wood storage below.
3. Insulate and set the bricks for the floor of the oven
4. Build the thermal mass layer shell of the hearth
5. Discussion of how to identify proper Earth for building. Bring a sample of Earth from your home
Sunday May 4.
1, Learn how to insulate the oven for maximum efficiency
2.. Sculpt the oven into its final shape
3, A discussion of plastering and sealing
Located at Suchernova farms at 909 W. Sierra Ave. Cotati
For more information, and to register for the workshop, please go to
Lunch will be provided for both days to workshop participants.